Monday, June 19, 2006

Blue Monday

I had a great, relaxing weekend. Shannon and I kicked off the weekend on Friday by trying out a chicken recipe. Last month, Shannon went to Portland with friends and brought back a bag of Lime, Lemon grass, Pepper with Peanuts. They were really, really hot - especially when you accidentally crunched down one of those small red peppers. Yeeouch! Shannon picked out (most) of the peppers and poured them in the food processor and poured peanut oil while it was in motion. We coated the spicy peanut butter on chicken skewers and threw them on the BBQ. The heat from the grill tamed the spiciness! They were awesome.

Saturday was very fun. Went to the Saturday market and we went to our friends' wedding. The weather was beautiful and reception was fantastic. It was celebrated at Aspen Hall, where Shannon and I tied the not last September. Brought back a lot of very fun memories.

Sunday was also great. We started off the day with some French Toast, hashbrowns and turkey bacon. Call our fathers and wished them a happy Father's day. We went to Home Depot and got some Herbs and plants for the deck and inside. Stopped by my step-father's house to wish him a happy Father's day and tried out KFC's Layered chicken bucket...yuuhh hu hu hummy,

I also had my singing audition on Sunday. Boy, that was humbling. You never really know what you sound like until you listen to yourself through a microphone and monitor. I've got a lot of work to do. My problems were, timing, and staying in key. I mask my inability to reach the higher notes by signing it with a raspy growl.

I'm definitely going to seek out professional training for vocal development. I really like Eric's set up. He has all the equipment he needs to do weddings and events. Very extensive and impressive. He spent a majority of his life in the music scene and was quite popular in Colorado, playing keys for Men About Town.

We are shooting for being gig-ready by next winter. Plenty of time for me to develop my pipes, get my rhythm and shoot for a dream.

Today it's Monday. I'm interested in learning New Order's song Blue Monday so I pasted the lyrics below for my own use.


How does it feel to treat me like you do?
When you've got your hands upon me
And told me who you are
I thought I was mistaken
I thought I heard your words
Tell me, how do I feel
Tell me now, How do I feel

Those who came before me
Lived through their vocations
From the past until completion
They'll turn away no more
And I still find it so hard
To say what I need to say
But I'm quite sure that you'll tell me
Just how I should feel today

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today
And I thought I was mistaken
And I thought I heard you speak
Tell me how do I feel
Tell me now, how should I feel

Now I stand here waiting...
I thought I told you to leave me
While I walked down to the beach
Tell me how does it feel
When your heart grows cold

1 Comments:

Blogger Shannon said...

You left out walking the dog and how he jumped in the river and hit a hole and went under.

June 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home