Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Craigslist gets me another gig

So, after yesterday's oust from a potential band I decided to lick my wounds and find a professional singing coach in Bend. Almost immediately I was contacted by another band who are practicing at a rented space and need a singer to gell the musicians together.

I told him I sang The Cure's "Just Like Heaven," and it sounded just like hell. He said he didn't give a shit. Just needs someone with the rock and roll heart and desire. I'm picking up their demo cd today and will be meeting with them on Thursday night.

Yesterday I had a very unique experience, thanks to a good friend, to go to a practice session of the Bond Brothers. Wow! Those fellas are tight! They're coming out with a new album and are opening for Super Diamond soon. They want to get to the level of opening for the big shows at Les Schwab Amphitheater. I can see em' doing it.

5 Comments:

Blogger dkgoodman said...

Congrats!

Did you use the Bend craigslist? How'd you find out about it?

June 21, 2006  
Blogger BrENDa said...

Dude.

July 1, 2006.

8pm Pacific Standard Time.

VH-1

Set your DVR, and prepare for more background info into Chapter 10 titled: "Stop FOLLOWING ME!!!!"

June 21, 2006  
Blogger Salmonberry Bend, Oregon said...

dkgoodman ---> My wife Mrs. H quickly let me know about the wonderful world of Bend.Craigslist.org


BrENDa----> I just went to VH1 and bolted out laughing. Do you think they'll mention a wierdo following them? Perhaps they'll talk about San Francisco?

June 22, 2006  
Blogger BrENDa said...

I'm dying to read the book. It's the best story ever told.

June 22, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A fantastic blog yours. Keep it up.
If you have a moment, please visit my make real money at home site.
I send you warm regards and wish you continued success.

July 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home