Tuesday, June 06, 2006

The Superfluous Decade

What are people going to be talking about during the 00 decade? I remember when I was in the service, using the military clock, we coined midnight as “balls,” and 12:30 as “balls 30,” mainly because most dudes would rather be kicked in the balls before they stood the midnight watches.

I’ll tell you right now…there’re a lot of people who’d rather be kicked in the balls than standing watch during the 00 decade. My tour to the persian gulf wasn’t anything like this.

Why Superfluous? Well, because we have too much of same friggin’ thing, now including numbers in dates, like today 06-06-06.

Let’s see….where was I during the first 6/10ths of this “Superfluous” Decade?

On 01-01-01 – I was hung over up after a crazy night out on the town, celebrating New Year’s eve in the Dirty “D,” downtown Bend. Depressed and lonely.

On 02-02-02 – I was unemployed and hung over after a crazy night out on the town, celebrating my latest unemployment check in dive bar outside of in Scottsdale, Arizona.

On 03-03-03 – I was working for Home Depot as a “Night Stalker (er I mean Night Stocker).” Didn’t meet Shannon yet…but soon both of our lives would be on a collision course.

On 04-04-04 – Shannon and I were having a fiesta with our first four-legged child, Sage, who by the way had way too much tequila that night.

On 05-05-05 – I was poor as hell, working tons of freelance gigs, working for a film company who'd later betray me and working for KTVZ. Shannon and I were saving every crumb for our upcoming wedding.

On 06-06-06 – I wrote this, thinking about all the devilish things that I did in the past and my future as a rock and roll star. I’m happily married and finally feel that superfluous is exactly what I need in my life right now.

Who knows what will happen on July 7th, 2007

1 Comments:

Blogger BrENDa said...

I love this post. It really made me smile, and made me think of where I was as well. Nice.

June 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home