Thursday, June 22, 2006

Thars du plank....now jump ARRRRGH!


I'm amazed how fast and unpredictable the tide is during my quest in these rock n' roll waters. Yesterday evening I stopped by to meet Tim, the lead guitarist of a band he is piecing together in Bend.

I was picking up a cd of songs that he wants to cover, hoping "to develop tightness with the band members with the inspiration to develop songs in the genre," he said over the phone.

I didn't know what to think of Tim. Over the phone he had a southern draw and a deep voice. In my mind's eye I pictured a big guy with long hair with tatoos, kind of like Rob Zombie. When I met him in person he looked more like Philip Seymour Hoffman.

He gave me the CD that had the music from The Who, The Black Keys, Buzzcocks and The Kinks. My first impression of Tim was great. Not quite sure what his impression on me was though. But it was good enough to invite me to a practice session with his band tonight at 9pm in some industrial park.

Tim told me to expect wierd things from the bassist. "He likes to hit his head against the wall when he's angry," he said.

Um...Yikes!?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh. The whole head-banging-against-the-wall-thing might actually be fairly entertaining for the audience (if not entirely for him)...

I went to a BB King concert once, and although thoroughly awesome overall, the most entertaining part of the performance was to watch the trumpet player - who kept wiggling his head sideways as if independent from the rest of his body ...

I got semi-dizzy just watching him ... ;-)

June 22, 2006  
Blogger pril said...

yah the bass player does that because he has to be in close proximity to guitar players a lot. I have done my share of it. tehehe.

June 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home