Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Baldy and the Full Moon

After work my wife and I decided to go to our favorite BBQ restaurant, Baldy's. "Baldy," has won close to fifty awards for some of the best ribs and sauce in the nation. But you'd never know it because he's out taking drink orders and pouring water for his patrons. We sat outside on the side porch where my good friend Johnny was playing drums for a local folk band named Little Fish. The band and Baldy did a great job taking it's Bend diners to Texas.

Johnny is a great drummer. He's the jam band/Dead Head type but often veers to bluegrass and folk music. On the side he's going to practice with the bassist to do some Jam Band grooves. "People would never go out and pay for a band like that here," he joked.

I'm not so sure about that theory. Maybe at the local motorcycle bar or at one of the beer pubs on the west or east side.

With a full belly we went home and I sat on my porch playing my guitar as the moon rose. Every once in a while a person would point up at me on my balcony. I finally got a Wilco song down and am jumping next into the Jayhawks. I'm glad that I am doing this on my own again. No rush. No anger for missing a fret or key. No expectations. No drama. Just me and the full moon.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Oooohhh... tell him to touch base with the owner of the Reed Pub. :)

July 11, 2006  
Blogger Salmonberry Bend, Oregon said...

Oh yeah! That'd be a good place for Johnny to play.

July 11, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home