Monday, July 24, 2006

Road Rage

This weekend we drove to Eugene over the McKenzie Pass from Bend to attend a college friend's wedding. We had a wonderful time. Stayed at a cool B&B and did some wine tasting.

It's true... Heat and long distance driving don't mix with temperaments. Generally, I'm a calm driver, but if you are driving slow in front of me, then speed up so I can't pass you in when I can, either on long straight aways or passing zones, expect to be ridden by a mad man.

It sucked. This chump in front of us obviously wanted to be in front of the driving pack. Every time a passing opportunity came up, the car's speed strangely crept up to 65 miles an hour. It would've been fine if they continued on, leaving the rest of us behind, but when they were out of the passing zone they slowed down to under the speed limit.

Now I remember what I'm missing by riding my bike to work and carpooling.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That really burns me when the jerk in front of you does that. Back when I had my car that had a real engine, I'd make a point when I passed them. None of that slowly passing by stuff, it was ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM, eat my dust sucka. I gave them only one passing zone to screw me over too. The next oppurtunity BOOM!!! bye bye.

July 24, 2006  
Blogger Salmonberry Bend, Oregon said...

Oh I with ya Monkey! I wish I had a muscle car just for that. The kind that burns rubber in 3rd gear. I've never had a power car. We have a six banger that I guess could've done the job, but Shannon would've freaked.

July 24, 2006  
Blogger Shannon said...

That's right! I would have freaked out. At least you drive better than Jon's wife.

July 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home