Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Ready to shift tides

We're heading to the Oregon coast tomorrow. Seems like ages since the last time I went there. We are heading to Newport. I've got a free pass for us to check out the Oregon Coast Aquarium. We heard about a great sushi restaurant that we're definitely going to it check out. Any suggestions for the Newport area?

I'm feeling pretty optimistic right now with my musical endeavors. I'm hesitant about giving details because I don't want to jinx it. Let's just say next week I'm going to meet up with some cool folks who share the same musical interests and aspirations...and leave it at that.

I learned a very good lessons in the past when I wrote my first fiction novel: If you are going to create an artistic product, take your time, remain focused and take step one before you take step ten - then introduce your masterpiece to the world with pride. So many people associate "I'm writing a book" in the same light as "I'm running a marathon." At the time of writing it, I was more focused on finishing the marathon than I was running in it. Sure I finished the race, but I didn't end in the position my efforts deserved.

I'm making it a point not to run that way while in my musical marathon. Just takin' one step at a time and enjoying the run.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

I love Shark's on the bayfront in Newport - someone posted a pic of their lunch on flikr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/hummanna/198684064/


Yummmm... panfry, cioppino, and tasty fish!

August 16, 2006  
Blogger Jen said...

sorry for the double-post... they have a website. i am getting hungry!

http://www.sharksseafoodbar.com/

August 16, 2006  
Blogger Salmonberry Bend, Oregon said...

Thanks Jen! We'll check that out. Thanks for the photo.

August 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home