Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Great L-Day weekend

Last weekend was great. We went hiking and then later, thanks to a couple of friends who work at Mt. Bachelor, we enjoyed a trip up to the summit after a very good lunch and free beer at Sunrise lodge. My dog, Charlie, rode up to the top of the mountain on my lap. He was surprisingly very calm. People were shocked to see a dog on the top of the mountain. One woman who was riding the chair lift in the opposite direction yelled, "hello puppy!" I said back to her, "how did you know that my name is Puppy?"
Sunday we had a few friends over for a BBQ. It was very fun. Cooked up some hot dogs and cheeseburgers. That day I learned that WOXY is going off the air. What am I going to do? Anybody know of any good Alternative/Indie Rock online radio stations out there? Monday I layed around like a dog and wrote another song. I was sad to learn that day about Steve Irwin's untimely death. So sad, he's such a hero to so many kids.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The only radio station on the planet better than WOXY is KEXP.org out of Seattle. Check it out - it's great.

Also try Indie Pop Rocks! on Soma FM (Google it)

September 05, 2006  
Blogger Salmonberry Bend, Oregon said...

Thanks! I'll be checking out those online stations. WOXY will go off the air on Sept. 15th.

September 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home