Tuesday, September 19, 2006

The Sirens in my Head

Last Sunday evening I was watching one of my all time favorite movies, Kill Bill I and II on TNT.
In the movie, the Bride emerges from a coma and decides it's time for payback ... with a vengeance! Having been gunned down by her former boss and his deadly squad of international assassins, it's a kill-or-be-killed fight she didn't start but is determined to finish!

The same siren of rage that sounds off in Thurman's character's head when she spots her enemies sounds off in my head every once in a while. Although I wasn't shot, buried alive nor attacked by a thousand Yakuzan ninjas, I was wronged a year ago by a group of greedy bastards, stealing every ounce of credit of my work and lined their pockets with all the money it has generated, shutting me out completely.

The good thing is I'm a creative person and I can build and move forward without feeding on the creativity of others, unlike these folks. I can move on to new cool things that inspire me... free from the weight, paranoia and guilt of guarding a stash of gold that isn't all mine. Although they haven't really left their dark and slimy cave, they will... so beware of fluid people who give you false images of who they really are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home